Why is so difficult to choose paint color?
Why is it so difficult to choose paint colors???
Why is it so difficult to choose a paint color? More enough then not, I hear my clients say,“I thought this was the perfect color until I saw it on the wall”. So many times, the homeowners will choose a color they saw in a magazine. The problem with that, you don’t have the same accessories or furniture as the magazine picture. It may not work. Other times they have a color in mind, but they picked the wrong undertone. That is probably the biggest mistake I see.
- Every color has an undertone. Meaning all beiges started as a color, whether it’s yellow, red, green, or orange. So pay attention.
- Determine what undertones are in your room like your carpet, flooring, furniture, or accessories.
- Keep all your neutral the same undertones. By doing this, you are assured of having a successful color palette.
- Don’t forget about lighting. All colors will look different in different lighting situtaions, morning sun, afternoon shade, and evening lighting. So make sure you test the colors in these situations.
- Use large paint samples. Many companies, like Sherwin Williams, offer 8×11 samples that can be ordered online. This is great because you can truly see the color.
- NEVER paint the color sample directly on the wall. The existing color will influence the color sample, and you not get an accurate read!!
These guidelines will help you when choosing your color palette . You can also decide to hire a Designer. This small investmentwill assure you that the colors you are choosing are the correct one. You are thereby eliminating any costly mistakes. So well worththe cost.