Styling your Foyer
Many times this area is neglected or just overlooked. But I think it’s a valuable space, if not the most important space in your home.
I believe your foyer is a great place to try different design elements you may not have considered before. Here are some ideas you can implement in your space.
1. Love the color but was afraid to add it to your space? The foyer may be a great place to add color. It’s small enough space that you can try out a new bold color.
2. Scale is everything!! If you have a large foyer, then make sure you put in the right amount of furniture. That’s very important. Too many times I see the entrance is packed with too many pieces.
3. Your foyer will set the tone to your home’s style. If you have a contemporary home, then your entrance should reflect that style. It lends to the character of your home. It gives balance to your place.
4. Don’t be afraid to add an area rug. It will add color, introduce patterns and add depth and dimension to your foyer. Just make sure it can stand up to heavy traffic.
5. Don’t be afraid to go bold in your designs. Add geometric shapes, unique decor and generally have fun with it. Show your personality.
6. Do you love wallpaper but were scared to use it in another room? Then why not try it out in your foyer. Just make sure the wallpaper you use will easily transition from the entrance to the rest of the home.