Creating a beautiful room involves many different elements: color, creativity, placement, furniture, and accessorizing. One of the most important and intimidating is the process of color. Many of my clients will fall back to neutral beiges (when done right, beiges can be very cozy), which may result in the room feeling half done. Working with a certified “Color with No Regrets Consultant” can help take the guesswork out of the process, resulting in a beautiful room!
Here are just a few tips to consider when choosing color:
1. Keeping the wall and floor color in similar tone will make the room appear larger.
2. Lighting makes a significant impact in a room. Will you be using incandescent, LED, or fluorescent? Each gives off its own effect.
3. Did you know that every color has a warm and cool version? If you choose the wrong version, it could have a devastating effect in your room. Color can literally make or break a room!!
SW6957 Undercool (cool) SW6533 Mild Blue (warm)
4. Using color at least 3 times and in 3 different zones will create interest and movement in a room.
5. Ceilings are an excellent area for adding additional interest to a room.
These are just some of the things to consider when decorating a room. As a certified color specialist and owner of Abella Home Staging & Redesign, I have seen rooms that would have otherwise been beautiful, fail due to the fact they chose the wrong color. Don’t make that mistake!! Hiring a color specialist is pennies on the dollar when you consider what the labor and paint will cost you!!
Jun 27 2019
abella home staging accessorizing ceilings color specialist warm and cool colors